Quality Gasoline and Fuels for Puerto Rico and the Caribbean
We are an established organization with business operations in Puerto Rico since 1958 with deep understanding of business needs for Puerto Rico including regulations and the environment. The depth of experience and commitment ranks Peerless and its companies among the best-of-breed.
Integrity defines our organization with its team of trusted employees. We are committed to service of the highest quality, and dedication to excellence while focusing on driving economic growth, development and employment in Puerto Rico. We rigorously pursue continuous process improvement and modernization. Our team has and develops a deep knowledge base and expertise, integrating and embracing corporate social responsibility into our operations.
Contact us for more information
OUR MISSION HAS BEEN CONSISTENT THROUGH THE YEARS
- Continue to expand our petroleum based business and seek opportunities to diversify our operations.
- Increase local employment in Puerto Rico by reinvesting our profits and spurring economic development and growth.
- Identify business ventures that leverage our assets and capabilities including utilization of our land resource and existing infrastructure.
- Emphasize the balance between the operations and the environment, complying with all the US Federal and local regulations.
We are members of various associations: Independent Liquid Terminal Association (ILTA), NPRA, PR Manufacture Association, PR Southern Chamber of Commerce, National Small Business Association (NSBA), Codezol, National Association of Foreign Trade Zones (NAFTZ), PR Products Association.
THROUGH PETRO TAINO TRANSPORT CORP (PTT) WE HAVE DEVELOPED AN UNRIVALED LOGISTICS BUSINESS
- A transportation network that covers the Island
- Delivering our products through a fleet of over 100 vehicles
- 0 Recording accidents in over 1mm driven mileage per year (2014)
- ATA and NTTC members
- Certified by US DOT and Puerto Rico PSC
- A truck loading rack with capacity to load multiple trucks simultaneously
- 24/7 Emergency response team
- Our docks offer a gateway to the Caribbean Islands as well as service to Puerto Rico
- With ocean going tanker capability and a rapid turnaround barge intake and loading Service, we make ~ 150 port calls into and out of Puerto Rico
- Our high efficiency express service to and from the nearby Caribbean Islands is completed in a 24 to 36 hour period
- Supported by a well experienced, talented and client focused logistics team that manages transportation throughout the Island and marine operations to and from the Caribbean
OUR FOUR IN-HOUSE DOCKS PROVIDE AN EFFICIENT ENTRY/DEPARTURE POINT FOR SEA ROUTES
- Four (4) docks offer a passageway from the south side of the island
- Cayo Rio dock
- Guayanilla dock
- RORO (roll on roll off)
- Puntilla deep draft dock has a 80,000 dwt capacity, 37 ft draft.
- Cayo Rio dock, designed to handle large vessels up to 60,000 dwt, 40 ft draft.
- Guayanilla dock can support 25,000 dwt vessels, 35 ft draft.
- RORO dock accomodates large ocean-going barges, 20 ft draft, providing Peerless with its own floating highway into the Caribbean.
THE PEERLESS OPERATION IN PEÑUELAS OFFERS SEVERAL STRATEGIC BENEFITS INCLUDING FOREIGN TRADE ZONE (FTZ)
- Import/export tax benefits through the FTZ
- Easy access to highways (route 52 and route 2)
- In-house docks open the corridor to the Caribbean
- Proximity to:
- Finest Educational Institutions
- Ponce and Mayagüez Airports, and Ponce Sea Port
- Major power utilities
- TWIC (transportation workers identification card) certified secure premises, homeland classification, 24 hour security
THE AVAILABILITY OF OUR LAND RESOURCE PROVIDES THE FOUNDATION FOR DIVERSIFICATION AND COLLABORATION
- Ownership and control of the property - 150 acres of land
- Up to 50 acres available for expansion
- Land use permitted for heavy industry development
- Full electric service
PROXIMITY TO ELITE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS PROVIDES ACCESS TO A HIGH CALIBER TALENT POOL
- The Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico
- 9000 Plus students
- Bachelor's, master's, doctoral degrees
- Business, arts and sciences, education
- Inter American University of Puerto Rico
- 6000 Plus students
- University of Puerto Rico - Mayaguez Campus Engineering School
- All major engineering disciplines including computer science
- University of Puerto Rico at Ponce
- 2,500 Plus students
- Turabo University
- Caribbean University
- Ponce School of Medicine
PEERLESS OIL AND CHEMICALS INC.A partnership with Puerto Rico
Our presence on the island dates back to 1958 where we established a warehousing operation to store and deliver products for Union Carbide.
MEETING THE MARKET NEEDS
We continuously reinvent our operations to meet the changing market needs.
LAUNCHING THE LOGISTICS BUSINESS
While growing our customer base, product offerings, facilities, and launching the logistics business.